Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: cradom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 29283

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Final Year Project
 Android devices with PIN screen lock and without USBdebb. on
 Can file creation and modifications on pendrives be found?
 Viewing real MAC times of a timestomped file
 software that can view files in Volume Slack

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Cost to image an iPhone? Crooked family lawyer says $2,000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost to image an iPhone? Crooked family lawyer says $2,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayla2014

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Cost to image an iPhone? Crooked family lawyer says $2,000 Reply with quote

Hello! So my family has an incredibly crooked lawyer. She is asking $2,000 to take my iPhone to "her guy, who she trusts." Lol, I bet.all quotes that I have received range from $300-$850. Umm...where did that extra $1,000 go? She has been accused of falsifying records before and her husband committed perjury. I do not trust her. I'm hoping to get some quotes here to show my "country people" family what is going on. They just think that having a lawyer is the primary criterion for protecting the family. There are untrustworthy ones as well as honest. Adendum: she want to have a complete analysis for deleted things as well. Most are in the 1,200 to $1800. If she gets receipts and they do a good job, then I'm ok with it.

Also, she told the court that I was "an admitted illicit drug user." So that is now on the record. She just stood up and made up stuff until I interrupted her and corrected the slandering (I used marijuana two years ago as prescribed medicine in Oregon. That DOES NOT make me a "user of illicit drugs"). She slanders me a lot because she knows that I know what she is doing (along with other people.) she finally succeeded in getting a guardian ad litum over me recently because my country family thinks any lawyer should be respected (partly because she convinced my family that I was "paranoid" (because I know what she is doing. She just took'$2,000 out of my account to forensically examine my iPhone. My objection to this obviously means that I'm paranoid, delusional, and other things. Quotes? Advice?

Last edited by Jayla2014 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
cybercop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No quote you get from a forensics forum is going to do you any good. If you want a true quote, find a local computer forensics company and get a written quote.
Jayla2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Cost to image an iPhone? Crooked family lawyer says $2,0 Reply with quote

Reply:

(Phone crashed, sorry)

Last edited by Jayla2 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Jayla2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, that is what I have been doing. The quotes on getting a complete forensic analysis were $1,200-$1,800. I'm just suspicious because it is "her guy" and she has been involved in falsifying records before (two years ago; it was in the paper because it was such a big deal). She wants to go with "her person" because she tried to paint me as some ignorant, junkie "user of illickt drugs" whose judgment could not be trusted. again, I smoked marijuana two years ago so here I'm an "illicit drug user."

My mother and grandmother "feel tricked" because she pushed for this so hard. They thought that they would be my guardians. They were against forensically-analyzing my cell phone because they think that it's all in my head. Honestly, going along with this is probably the best thing for me.

Thank you for replying
Jayla2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really irritating to me is that I did not imbibe in marihuana vary much. Like I would eat it in baked goods with friends. Seriously, I'm an "illicit drug user?!" As someone who had a terribly painful form of cancer, I'm pretty unapologetic about this. And I did smoke hash sometimes for it. So this compromises me in court?! I don't know if the hearing had sealed records or what?! Marijuana does not cause people to beat their wives or become violent, and yet the alcohol lobby insists that we not use it medicinally?! It seems that they are all about protecting the interests of their crony friends, and not the people's best interests. Basically it would be a huge tax income for the government and is better than hooking people on OxyContin, Xanax, or alcohol; however, they don't care about this. It is more profitable for their specific friends or business interests this way. Another thing; alcohol causes cancer in the esophagus and cirrhoses of the liver. Wonder who owns those nice private hospitals to treat the diseases that they indirectly cause?
cybercop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does any of this rant about illegal drug use have to do with computer forensics? I have no idea what is going on in your case, to be honest I really don't care, it isn't my case. The best advice I can give at this point is, if you do not trust your lawyer, get a different lawyer. Hire your own forensics analyst to look at the phone for whatever evidence you think might be there.
If you are a juvenile you will have to talk to the court and get them to order a new lawyer if your family will not change at your request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: