Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: Adliah
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29360

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

Swtor2credits Surper sale II for Thanksgiving:up to 10% off
 Senior Cyber Forensic Incident Response Consultant -Cambs UK
 A question for students and newbies
 E-DISCOVERY & DATA RECOVERY? WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
 Computer Forensic in e-commerce

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - I'm looking for file carving technique with software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm looking for file carving technique with software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Forensic Software and Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fazeelkowt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: I'm looking for file carving technique with software Reply with quote

i have been asked to analyze file carving technique, now i need to find the software with the technique used to be analyze. i would like to find an opensource software. can anyone help me list out the software with the technique used??

operating system: windows xp to letest
type of file carve: email data

i need specific technique/algorithm of the file carving software for the analysis.
cybercop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't your instructor give you any suggestions?
fazeelkowt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cybercop wrote:
Didn't your instructor give you any suggestions?

no, they did not give any suggestion. they ask to find by my self. can anyone help me??
cybercop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And none of the answers at any of the other forums you have asked this question meet your needs? Looking closer, probably not, they all expect you to read up on the subject giving you links and such. what you actually want is someone to just answer the question for you so you can just copy and paste it into the assignment.

I am sorry, the best we could do is the same as done elsewhere already for you. Point you in the direction to do the research. We will not do your homework for you.
fazeelkowt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cybercop wrote:
And none of the answers at any of the other forums you have asked this question meet your needs? Looking closer, probably not, they all expect you to read up on the subject giving you links and such. what you actually want is someone to just answer the question for you so you can just copy and paste it into the assignment.

I am sorry, the best we could do is the same as done elsewhere already for you. Point you in the direction to do the research. We will not do your homework for you.

i'm sorry if its looks like copy paste to you, but i'm actually ask that because every software that i've found does not stating the technique/taxonomy used in their software. i have to analyse the technique, and that's why i asked which software represent which technique for me to analyze the technique from the software.
PreferredUser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some information available at the links you have undoubtedly seen, but no commercial company will provide you the information you seek. Why should they, even if you signed an NDA. So you are going to have to go back to what was posted and go from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Forensic Software and Tools All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: