Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: Raheemali
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 29684

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

How Website Speed Affects Rankings
 A research survey on Forensic Methodologies
 I need to hire an expert
 Software to search an FTK Lite Mounted drive with keyword
 How much can be found?

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - Computer Forensics Information
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer Forensics Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo09

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Computer Forensics Information Reply with quote

Hi my name is Aurelio and I go to DeVry University for Computer Forensics. I'm doing a assignment for my English class that requires me to gather information on my career and try to persuade someone to join the same field as me. I need a lot of information because I don't really know what computer Forensics is.

So if someone can explain to me what computer forensics is; what type of education do you need in order to work in this field; where can you apply for a job in this field.

So if anyone can answer those questions I would greatly appreciate it. I love this field and can't wait to go out into the world and put myself in the middle of the action.
Ancient

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, It's your major but you don't know what it is. Use the search function on these forums to find additional information.
Phosphorous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell are you going into a major you have no idea what it entails? Rolling Eyes
harold007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link with all of the info you requested:

http://www.computerforensicsworld.com/index.php
Leo09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harold007 wrote:
Here is a link with all of the info you requested:

http://www.computerforensicsworld.com/index.php

Thanks for the link ^_^ and to everyone else I have an idea but I'm pretty sure its wrong so I didn't want to say it
Bookertl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and yes, was a Vic-20. Once a remote takeover is accomplished, is there a way to prove the activity was a result of a remote connection rather then a keyboard at the console. The system I am referring to was set up to handle very specific job processing using stand alone server software, windows 2003 hooked up to 3 work stations.

Can it be determined without question, that a remote take over was performed by way of this sever. This sever is behind a company firewall, but does have open access to internet, mail etc..

Maybe this post makes a little more sense.
cybercop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks and yes, was a Vic-20. Once a remote takeover is accomplished, is there a way to prove the activity was a result of a remote connection rather then a keyboard at the console. The system I am referring to was set up to handle very specific job processing using stand alone server software, windows 2003 hooked up to 3 work stations.

Can it be determined without question, that a remote take over was performed by way of this sever. This sever is behind a company firewall, but does have open access to internet, mail etc..

As far as your homework goes, you should probably get the answers from your books and or instructors. Everything you do on a computer leaves some kind of trail. Following that trail can get difficult if the person knows how to cover up their tracks.
militarymom8788

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I am new to the world of computer forensics but I have decided to pursue this venue as my major. I am working on my associates degree at the present time, so I have a ways to go. What advice can give me? Thank You!
roshedwardd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
Spiderkeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the search function on these forums Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> Digital Forensics: Getting Started All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: