Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:21 pm Post subject: Can file creation and modifications on pendrives be found?
I am new and hope you might help. I use Windos 10 Home and MS Office / Word 2013.
This is the story.
1) I create a Word document on a USB stick
2) I saved the file onto the USB stick (not saved on the hard drive).
3) I edited many times the document at different times and in different days but always working on the USB stick.
4) the file was never saved on the hard drive (always edited on the USB stick)
1) Is there any viable possibility (eg. forensic investigation) that some trace or info of the document (the one that has always been on the USB stick) have been stored in the PC?
2) Should this have happened, where could said traces have been stored (swap files? tmp files? any other location') and which info could they deliver?
3) Could these traces be retrieved somehow (eg. filename or even the contents of the doc file)?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum