Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forensic Downloads
· Forensics Feedback
· Forums
· Members List
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Training Reviews
· Web Links
· Your Account

Our Membership

Latest: Jamesfl
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 29378

Computer Forensics
This is a free and open peer to peer medium for digital and computer forensics professionals and students. Please help us maintain it by contributing and perhaps linking to us from your own website.

Recent Posts

IE11 and Keywords
 Disk Image
 ZERO DAY EXPLOIT
 Senior Cyber Forensic Incident Response Consultant -Cambs UK
 A question for students and newbies

Computer Forensics World Forums

Pages Served
We received
page views since August 2004

Security Sources

FTC
OnGuard Online
ISO 17799 ISO 27001
ISO 27000 Toolkit
ISO 27001 & 27000
Cryptography
Security Policies

Computer Forensics World: Forums

Computer Forensics World :: View topic - PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> General Computer Forensic Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nurul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT Reply with quote

Hello!

The organization should know the tips or procedure to responding to the incident related with cyber-crime or cyber-attack that may attack their sensitive and confidential information.

My question is, what is the action should be taken by the individual or organization to respond on incident that related with cyber-crime or cyber-attack?

Your concern benefit to other. Thank you Surprised.
prof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT Reply with quote

Hi Nurul,

first and almost - don't panic! Panic is not your friend if you have been compromised.

It is impossible to give an answer in general. It depends on the special case.

Where are you from? Can you give an example - an anonymous one of cause. Wink

Greetings

prof
Nurul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Prof,

What if, one of the internet provider has been attacked by the unknown attacker. That causes the interference of the customerís internet of that provider. There are several techniques used by attacker to disturb the network. As a result, the attacker target the critical infrastructure after organization provides additional information about attacker. From this situation, the DNS provider should aware on this threat and know on how to respond to the incident.

What the organization should do to response to incident like this case? Rolling Eyes
prof

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT Reply with quote

Hi Nurul,

in general - it is correct that the provider has to be secured against such incidents.

But . . .

It depends on the exact words in the contract with the provider. Some national rights are also concerned. This was the reason of my question about where are you from. I'm located in Germany. So I can only give an exact answer about the rights in our country - except the GDPR. But these articles are "hot" at Mai 25th in 2018.

As you can see I only can give you an answer in detail with an information about your location.

By the way the affected company should have a closer look into the contract with the provider. If available the administrator can grep through the log files on the server.

I hope this will help you a bit. If you need a detailed answer use the pm please.

Greetings prof
Nurul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the information.

Forget to stated, I'm come from East Asia and more specificly in Malaysia.

Thank u . Smile
prof

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: PANIC: HOW TO RESPOND TO INCIDENT Reply with quote

You are welcome.

I'm sorry, if you are located in the EU or USA maybe I could help you. But in this case . . .

Greetings

prof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Forensics World Forum Index -> General Computer Forensic Issues All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: